The Apache Xerces™ Project - News
Committers should feel free to update these pages with relevant news about their projects.
Xerces-J 2.12.0 released (30 April 2018)
Xerces-J 2.12.0 is now available from the Xerces-J site.
This release expands on Xerces-J's experimental support for XML Schema 1.1 by providing a fully compliant XML Schema 1.1 implementation. It fixes several bugs which were present in Xerces-J 2.11.0 and also includes a few other minor enhancements. For the complete list of changes see here.
Xerces-J 2.11.0 released (30 November 2010)
Xerces-J 2.11.0 is now available from the Xerces-J site.
This release expands on Xerces' experimental support for XML Schema 1.1 by providing implementations for the simplified complex type restriction rules (also known as subsumption), xs:override and a few other XML Schema 1.1 features. Xerces-J 2.11.0 also introduces experimental support for XML Schema Component Designators (SCD). It fixes several bugs which were present in Xerces-J 2.10.0 and also includes a few other minor enhancements. For the complete list of changes see here.
Xerces-J 2.10.0 released (18 June 2010)
Xerces-J 2.10.0 is now available from the Xerces-J site.
This release introduces experimental support for the XML Schema 1.1 Structures and Datatypes (December 2009) Working Drafts. It also contains an implementation of the parser related portions of JAXP 1.4, including partial support for StAX 1.0 (javax.xml.stream.events only) and a complete implementation of the DOM Element Traversal API. It contains fixes for several bugs which were present in Xerces-J 2.9.1, as well as a few other enhancements and performance improvements. For the complete list of changes see here.
Xerces-C++ 3.1.1 released (27 April 2010)
Xerces-C++ 3.1.1 is now available from the Xerces-C++ site.
This version is a bug-fix release and is binary-compatible with Xerces-C++ 3.1.0. It also adds project and solution files for Visual Studio 2010 (10.0).
Xerces-C++ 3.1.0 released (1 February 2010)
Xerces-C++ 3.1.0 is now available from the Xerces-C++ site.
This version is interface-compatible (but not necessarily binary-compatible) with Xerces-C++ 3.0.x and contains the following major new features and improvements:
- Working multi-import support. The support for handling multiple import declarations with the same target namespaces has been improved and thoroughly tested.
- New property, XMLUni::fgXercesLowWaterMark, allows the configuration of the parser buffer low water mark.
- DOMLSParser::parseWithContext implementation.
- Improved performance and reduced memory footprint when validating with large maxOccurs values.
- Improved scalability of the XML Schema identity checking (key, keyref, and unique).
- Multiple XML Schema conformance fixes.
- More robust external library detection (libcurl and ICU).
- Compilation of the ICU message loader resources no longer depends on the ICU implementation details.
XML Commons External 1.4.01 released (15 December 2009)
This release updates the XML APIs to JAXP 1.4 and also introduces the StAX 1.0 and the Element Traversal APIs. See the changelog for details.
XML Commons External 1.3.05 released (15 December 2009)
This is a maintenance release of the JAXP 1.3 APIs which were included in Xerces-J 2.7.0 to Xerces-J 2.9.1. See the changelog for details.
XML Commons External 1.2.06 released (15 December 2009)
This is a maintenance release of the JAXP 1.2 APIs which were included in Xerces-J 2.6.2 and earlier. See the changelog for details.
Xerces-C++ 3.0.1 released (19 February 2009)
Xerces-C++ 3.0.1 is now available from the Xerces-C++ site.
This version is binary-compatible with Xerces-C++ 3.0.0 and contains the following bug fixes and minor enhancements:
- More robust handling of leading/trailing whitespaces (XERCESC-1838)
- Minor documentation updates, including a fix for XERCESC-1848
- Add --disable-rpath configure option
- Remove class name from method declaration (XERCESC-1850)
- Fix a bug in the socket and winsock net accessors when a redirection response does not contain a "Location" header
- Make XMLMutex use the correct MemoryManager when it closes its mutex
- Documentation fixes (XERCESC-1841)
- Force Borland projects to use CRLF EOL
- The wrong constructor was called, causing a memory leak (XERCESC-1840)
- Fix memory leak (XERCESC-1834)
Xerces-C++ 3.0.0 released (29 September 2008)
Xerces-C++ 3.0.0 is now available from the Xerces-C++ site.
This version is interface-incompatible with Xerces-C++ 2.8.0 and contains a large number of improvements, bug fixes, and clean-ups, including:
- Autotools-based build system for the UNIX/Linux/Mac OS X platforms
- Project files for VC++ 9
- Support for the ICU transcoder in VC++ 7.1, 8, and 9 project files
- libcurl-based net accessor
- Support for XInclude in DOM
- Support for both XPath 1 and XPath 2 models in the DOM XPath interface
- Support for the XML Schema subset of XPath 1 in DOM
- Conformance to the final DOM Level 3 interface specification
- Ability to provide custom DOM memory manager as well as tune the global DOM heap parameters
- All public and widely used interfaces as well as a large portion of the implementation were converted to be 64-bit safe
- Various XML Schema fixes including the fix for the large maxOccurs and minOccurs bug as well as for the changed ##other interpretation
- Reviewed and cleaned up diagnostics messages
- Optimizations for SAX/SAX2 and DOM parsing as well as XML Schema validation
Xerces-J 2.9.1 released (15 September 2007)
Xerces-J 2.9.1 is now available from the Xerces-J site.
This release fixes several bugs which were present in Xerces-J 2.9.0. It also includes a few minor enhancements and performance improvements. For the complete list of changes see here.
Xerces-C++ 2.8.0 released (31 August 2007)
Xerces-C++ 2.8.0 is now available from the Xerces-C++ site.
This version is interface-compatible with Xerces-C++ 2.7.0 and contains a large number of bug fixes as well as improvements to the build system. For the complete list of changes see here.
Xerces-J 2.9.0 released (22 November 2006)
Xerces-J 2.9.0 is now available from the Xerces-J site.
As of this release, Xerces and Xalan now share a common serialization codebase. The DOM Level 3 serialization support which was in Xerces was migrated into the Xalan serializer and Xerces' native serializer was deprecated. More information on changes can be found here.
XML Commons Resolver 1.2 released (22 November 2006)
XML Commons External 1.3.04 released (22 November 2006)
This release adds Java Language Bindings for SAC 1.3 (The Simple API for CSS), SMIL and SVG 1.1 and contains several fixes and improvements to the JAXP 1.3 APIs. See the changelog for details.
XML::Xerces 2.7.0-0 released (14 March 2006)
XML::Xerces 2.7.0-0 is now available from the Xerces-P site.
The major change in this release (besides support for Xerces-C 2.7) is the elimination of the SAX/SAX2 related Unicode bugs. Xerces-P should now have 100% Unicode compliance.
Xerces-J 2.8.0 released (1 March 2006)
Xerces-J 2.8.0 is now available from the Xerces-J site.
Information on changes can be found here.
Xerces-C++ 2.7.0 released (1 September 2005)
Xerces-C++ 2.7.0 is now available from the Xerces-C++ site.
Information on changes can be found here.
Xerces-J 2.6.1 Now Available (February 2004)
Xerces-J 2.6.1 is now available from the Xerces-J site.
Changes include :
- Added support for XML Catalogs.
- Implemented some remaining XML Schema errata and fixed several schema related bugs.
- Fixed various DOM Level 3 bugs.
- Implemented well-formedness checking for LSSerializer (DOM Level 3).
- Modified the XJavac task used by the build file so that Xerces can be built on Mac OS X with Apple JDK 1.4.
- Fixed possible security hole: the features and properties set on the parser were not propagated to the XMLSchemaLoader.
- Implemented the latest XInclude draft, excluding support for XPointer.
- Implemented missing support for supplemental characters in XML 1.1 names.
- Implemented various performance improvements.
- Fixed various bugs.
Xerces-C++ 2.4.0 released (December 2003)
Xerces-C++ Version 2.4.0 has now been released, and is available from the Xerces-C++ site.
Information on changes can be found here.
XML Commons Resolver 1.1 released (5 November 2003)
See the changelog for details.